1. COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. Described below are situations in which personal information is collected and the purposes for which it is collected. “Personal Information” is any information that can be used to identify an individual, and may include, but is not limited to, name, email address, postal or other physical address, phone number, title, login information and other information required to provide you with information through the Website. Some of the reasons we collect your Personal Information may include:
- responding to sales and product inquiries
- receiving and managing job inquiries and candidate applications
- requesting service and support for our Products and providing such support
- participating in an online survey
- participating in discussion groups or forums
- establishing and managing an account
- customizing the content and marketing you see
- submitting an entry for an opt-in sweepstakes or other promotion
- To develop, operate, provide, maintain, and improve our Products, now and in the future.
- To keep you up to date on the latest Product announcements, system enhancements, special offers, and other information.
- To provide and receive information, support, feedback and assistance related to the Products.
- To provide the ability to create personal profile areas and view protected content.
- To analyze usage trends and preferences of our users, and to conduct questionnaires and surveys, in order to provide better Products to our customers and end users. Your completion of any questionnaires is voluntary.
- To (i) to contact you for administrative purposes such as customer support or (ii) to send communications, including updates on promotions and events, relating to products and services offered by us and by third parties we work with. Generally, you have the ability to opt-out of receiving any promotional communications as described below under “Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information.”
- To understand more about you, so we can personalize content and advertising to your preferences.
- To protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
- Personal Information we collect via our Products, including video and audio media, may be provided to our customers for their use.
3. ACCESSING AND UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. If your Personal Information changes, please notify Cobalt at email@example.com.
If you believe Cobalt is in possession of your Personal Information that you want modified or deleted, you may send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org. We may need to retain some Personal Information for the period of time necessary for legal proceedings, legal requirements, settling your account, backups, prevention of fraud or abuse, analytics, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so.
4. UNSUBSCRIBING AND OPTING OUT. Each promotional email from Cobalt or from third parties to whom Cobalt has given your email address with your consent includes instructions on how you can unsubscribe from that category of mailing or from receiving email from that third party. You may also unsubscribe from Cobalt’s promotional emails by sending an email, including your name and email address to email@example.com. If you have additional questions regarding your disclosure choices and Cobalt’s policies regarding receipt of promotional email, you may contact Cobalt by sending an email with your name and email address to the same email address.
5. NON-PERSONAL/ANONYMOUS INFORMATION COLLECTION. In some instances, Cobalt may collect non-personal (aggregate or demographic) data through cookies, web logs, and web beacons. This information is used to better understand and improve the usability, performance, and effectiveness of the Website. Please read the “Cookies” section below for more information.
In addition, by using some of our Website, anonymous network information may be transmitted back to us such as usage information, which might include information about your computer operating system, browser type, pages you viewed, and information about your use of and actions with our Website. This information is transmitted back to us so we can determine how users are interacting with our Website, to assist us with improving our Website, and to correct any problems that may occur.
We also may collect and store your location data when you access our Website via a mobile device or computer.
6. SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. We do not sell or rent your Personal Information to third parties for marketing purposes unless you have granted us permission to do so.
We may share your Personal Information within Cobalt and its affiliated companies and with third party service providers for purposes of data processing or storage.
We may also share your Personal Information with business partners, service vendors, authorized third-party agents or contractors in order to provide our Product and associated transactions, including hosting websites, hosting event and seminar registration, application development and providing customer support. We only provide these third parties with Personal Information reasonably needed to complete/utilize the requested product or transaction or to perform their function, and the third parties are not permitted to use your Personal Information except for purpose of completing/providing the requested product or transaction or perform their function.
We may respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process by disclosing your Personal Information and other related information, if required to do so or if we in good faith believe it is necessary to comply with to any subpoena, court order, legal process or applicable law, or if it is otherwise advisable to cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies. We also may choose to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
We may collect and possibly share Personal Information and any other additional information available to us in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Cobalt’s terms of service, or as otherwise that we believe in good faith is required by law or appropriate, including pursuant to lawful requests and legal process or to protect the rights and property of Cobalt, our agents, customers and others (including to protect the Product or to take precautions against liability).
We may also share aggregated and/or anonymized data with others for their own uses, or to meet our reporting obligations, or to indicate our users’ interests, habits, and usage patterns.
We may share or transfer your Personal Information when there is a sale or transfer of all or part of our business or assets (which could include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy).
We may disclose Personal Information collected by the Product, such as video and audio footage, and any information contained therein or related thereto (like analytics), to our customers in the course of providing our services to them.
7. SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. Cobalt is committed to protecting the Personal Information you share with us. We utilize a combination of industry-standard security technologies, procedures, and organizational measures to help protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. We recommend you to take every precaution in protecting your Personal Information when you are on the Internet. For example, change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers when creating passwords, and make sure you use a secure browser.
8. COOKIES. Like many websites, Cobalt uses technologies, such as cookies and web beacons, which allow us to make your visit to our website easier, more efficient and more valuable by providing you with a customized experience and recognizing you when you return.
A cookie cannot read personal data off your hard disk or read cookie files created by other sites; indeed, the only Personal Information a cookie can contain is information you supply yourself. Accepting the cookies used on our website may give us access to information about your browsing behavior, which we may use to personalize your experience and track user traffic patterns, and to merge this info when you register. We do this in order to determine the usefulness of our website information to our users and to see how effective our navigational structure is in helping users reach that information.
In addition, Cobalt uses web beacons in conjunction with cookies to understand user behavior. Web beacons are simply a convenient way of gathering basic statistics and managing cookies, and do not give away any extra information from your computer. Turning off your browser’s cookies will prevent web beacons from tracking your specific activity.
If you prefer not to receive cookies while browsing our website or via HTML-formatted emails, you can set your browser to warn you before it accepts cookies or refuse the cookie when your browser alerts you to its presence. You can also refuse all cookies by turning them off in your browser. You may browse most of the Cobalt Website without accepting cookies; however, some website functionality may be lost by disabling cookies on your computer. Other Cobalt web pages, particularly those which require a login and password, require cookies and cannot be used when you have disabled cookies in your browser.
9. LINKED WEBSITES AND THIRD PARTY SERVICES. Our Website and services may provide links to other third-party websites and services which are outside our control and not covered by this Policy. Cobalt bears no responsibility for the information collected or used by any advertiser or third-party website, and you release us from any liability for the conduct of these third-parties. We encourage you to review the privacy policies posted on these (and all) sites you visit or services you use.
10. ACTIVITIES/FORUMS. If you participate in a Cobalt Activity or forum on our sites, you should be aware that the information you provide there could be made broadly available to others, potentially inside or outside Cobalt.
11. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY. Cobalt does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information on a child under the age of 13, we will delete that data from our systems.
13. CONSENT TO TRANSFER, PROCESSING AND STORAGE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION. The Website is hosted in the United States and is intended for visitors located within the United States. If you live outside the United States, we may transfer your Personal Information to the United States, to any Cobalt affiliate worldwide, or to third parties acting on our behalf for the purposes of processing or storage, and by providing any Personal Information you fully understand and unambiguously consent to such transfer, processing and storage of such information.
14. QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS? Should you have any privacy-related questions or comments related to this Policy, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or you may contact us at this address:
2121 S. El Camino Real
San Mateo, CA 94403
15. POLICY UPDATES. Cobalt may amend this privacy statement from time to time, and at any time. We will post a notice whenever this privacy statement is materially changed. Your continued use of the Cobalt Website or Products after any change will signify and confirm your assent to those changes.
Last updated April 19, 2018